Welcome to TRENHOLM.ORG
- The Stray Cat Genealogy Web Site -
(Please note these pages are not compatible with browsers which use HTML 4 or higher, such as SAFARI 5.06 )
- TRENHOLMS from Yorkshire to Canada and United States about 1772/73; many other families of Westmorland County, New Brunswick, Canada, are included. About 9,800 people born before 1911. (Last update 15 July 2011)
- Benjamin ALLEN was born 1735 either in Scotland or Scotland, Connecticut. He was a soldier under British General Wolfe at Louisburg in 1758 and at Quebec in 1759. In 1783 he received a first loyalist land grant at Mispec, Saint John Co. New Brunswick, Canada and a second land grant at Baie Verte, Westmorland Co. New Brunswick. In 1771 at Fort Cumberland Nova Scotia (now Ft. Beausejour, NB) he married Eva Magdalena "Sarah" SOMERS, the daughter of Matthias Somers of Moncton NB. About 6,500 people born before 1911. (Last update 15 July 2011)
- Some Loyalist and post-Loyalist families of Shelburne County, Nova Scotia; families of interest include MCKENNEY (UEL), PERRY (UEL) and HAGAR (Post-UEL).About 6,100 people born before1911. The Perry ancestors include several Mayflower passengers. (Last update 15 July 2011)
- Family of John REID (1789-1862) and Griselda DOHERTY who came from Northern Ireland to Canada in the early 1800's. They married at Sackville, New Brunswick in 1821. Their son Robert W. REID was born 1822 at Point de Bute, Westmorland County, New Brunswick, married Ruth SPENCER of Great Village, Colchester County, Nova Scotia, and settled at Beersville, Kent County, New Brunswick. About 4,200 people born before 1911. ( Last update 15 July 2011)
- Nelson, Carr and Hussey Families of Massachusetts and Maine. The descendants of Thomas Nelson (1615-1648) of Rowley Yorkshire and Rowley Mass., are given in a family history written by a descendant in 1868. Another descendant, Marion Carr Hussey, married William Olsen Trenholm of New Brunswick, Canada, in 1916. Her ancestors and cousins are included in this database. About 2,120 people born before 1911. (Last update 15 July 2011)
- Johann Martin MERKLINGER .b. 1807 Gruenwettersbach, Baden, Germany, came with his wife Anna Catherina Wenk to Waterloo Township, Ontario in May 1832. His descendants intermarried with the descendants of Johanne Heinrich ROTH b. 1784 in Germany. Martin had a brother Christoph MERKLINGER who came to Canada after 1852. These families have many descendants in Canada and the USA. One of Martin's descendants married a LEWERENZ from Pleasant Grove, Missouri; her LEWERENZ, GRAEBNER and other relatives are included in this family tree. About 5,500 people born before 1911. (Last update 15 July 2011)
(updated 29 July 2001, and 10 June 2011)
Enter here only if you are interested in technical photography and cameras.
Barbara Trenholm Merklinger, PO Box 494, Dartmouth NS Canada B2Y 3Y8
(Please do not expect an immediate reply.)
This site has been in operation since June 1999.